Cleaning the debris from your fireplace, pellet stove or barbecue grills can be hard. You cannot use your regular vacuum because it’s not designed to handle hot or warm ashes thus the need for the best ash vacuum.
Are there things you need to know before you consider to put your money on an ash vacuum? Is an ash vac ideal if you live in a small apartment? Do you need a commercial ash vacuum, if so, what else do you need to know about fireplace vacuum cleaners that you didn’t know? This article will answer those and other questions.
Before we talk about why it is important to use ash vacuum whether you live in a rented apartment or are staying in your own house, let’s look at some of the best ash vacuums the market has to offer.
Best Ash Vacuum Cleaners Reviews
|Picture||Best Ash Vacuums||Weight||Capacity|
|PowerSmith PAVC101 10 Amp 3 Gallon All-In-One Ash Vacuum||9 lbs||3 Gallons|
|Shop-Vac 4041300 Ash Vacuum||13 lbs||5 Gallons|
|BACOENG Ash Vacuum Cleaner||24.3||5.3 Gallons|
|Pellethead Ash Vacuum Pro New 2020 Design||12.17 lbs||5 Gallons|
1. PowerSmith PAVC101 All-In-One Ash Vacuum
PowerSmith Ash Vacuum is a special product that will help you clean all the ash from your house. The vacuum has a fire resistant, replaceable and washable two layered filter system. Also, the metal nozzle and the metal lined host are heat resistant. Click here to see today’s price Amazon.
Thanks to its long cord (16 feet), you can use the vacuum cleaner as your regular vacuum, which has the ability to reach even the lowest and perhaps distant parts of the house.
Also Read: how to clean an area rug on hardwood floor
- Washable filters.
- Replaceable filters.
- Heat resistant canisters.
- 16-ft power cord.
- Wheeled base.
- Straight extension wands.
- Metal nozzle.
- Turbo nozzle.
- Brush nozzle.
- Easy to operate.
- No worries about catching heat fast.
- Easy to roll over from place to place thanks to the wheeled base.
- Thanks to the washable filters, you can clean and replace.
- Powerful motor.
- Quiet operation.
- Might stop working shortly if the load is heavy but after which, it’ll resume.
- Suction power may fail after some time.
2. Shop-Vac 4041300 Ash Vacuum – Best Ash Vacuum for Pellet Stove
Shop-Vac 4041300 comes with a flexible steel horse. What is more, the steel hose is covered with vinyl, something that makes it durable than ordinary steel hoses. Other accessories that come with this best hot ash vacuum cleaner include crevice tool, metal intake nozzle, and the cleaning kit for pellet stove. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
For stubborn ash stains, Shop-Vac 4041300 has a strong bypass motor, True HEPA filters, and a thermal protector in case the machine runs for a long time.
- True HEPA filters.
- Metal crevice tool.
- Metal intake nozzle.
- Cleaning kit (especially for pellet stove).
- Powerful bypass motor.
- Thermal-protective device.
- It does not clog.
- Does not heat fast.
- You can repair it easily even if you have no expertise.
- Durable steel hose.
- Easy to carry thanks to the handle at the top.
- Only limited to cold dry ashes.
- The power cord and the metal hose are short.
Also Read: Best vacuum cleaner for senior citizens
3. BACOENG 5.3-Gallon Ash Vacuum Cleaner – Advanced Ash Vac
If you are looking for a powerful ash vacuum, then consider BACOENG 5.3-Gallon Ash Vacuum Cleaner your number one. Vacuum for ash is designed with double filtration ability. BACOENG 5.3-Gallon vacuum cleaner has immeasurable suction power. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
It is hard to equate this vacuum cleaner’s ability with any other on my list. Most importantly, the ash vac has wattage of some 1200W. With that high wattage, you are sure suction power is immeasurable.
Also Read: Bed bugs vacuum cleaners
The other thing I personally love about this shop vac ash vacuum is that it comes with a filling level indicator. Thanks to the indicator, you are able to know the exact time you need to remove all the ash for the canister, after which, you will continue to clean your fireplace.
BACOENG 5.3-Gallon Ash Vacuum Cleaner features a 15-ft power cord and an additional 5-ft metal hose that is lined. Thanks to the two, you are able to clean all corners of your house without necessarily having to unplug and plug the cord into different power sources.
The 10Amp electric motor is heat-protected. With this ability, you are able to use the machine for several hours without the fear of your valuable product blowing off.
- Equipped with a reusable HEPA and a washable filter bag.
- Heat-resistant motor.
- 15-ft power cord.
- 5-ft metallic hose.
- 1200W powerful motor.
- Filling level indicator.
- Aluminum suction hose.
- Container lid.
- Extension wands.
- Crevice tool.
- Floor attachment.
- Amble storage space.
- Nice shape and color.
- Powerful suction.
- Enhanced filtration system.
- You will know when to empty and clean the vacuum.
- Reaches every corner without changing power sources.
- Does not really come with stated attachments.
- The filter clogs faster especially when handling fine smokes.
4. Pellethead Ash Vacuum Pro New 2020 Design
Of all the ash vacuum cleaners on this list, Pellethead Ash Vacuum is so specific. The ash vacuum has a noise level of 78 dB, one of the quietest fireplace vacuum cleaners in the market. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
The other thing you are likely to appreciate about Pellethead Ash Vacuum is that it is best for pizza ovens, grills, pellet stoves, and fire pits. You can use the product to get rid of cool, warm, or even dry ashes.
With aggregate 17-ft, hose (power cord and metal hose), you are able to clean a large area without being forced to change the location of your power source.
When you order for this machine, you will get a fireplace attachment, fine ash attachment, and a brush attachment. All these additional accessories are designed to make your ash-cleaning work a lot easier.
- 5-gallon canister.
- 10Amp motor.
- Dual HEPA filters.
- Heat resistant and washable filters.
- 7-ft metal hose.
- 10-ft power cord.
- 5-year manufacturer warranty.
- You can wash the filters and replace them back thus cutting the cost.
- Quiet operation at some 78 dB.
- The machine is heat resistant thus; you can use it for many hours.
- Comes with additional attachments.
- Comes with a blower to enhance cleaning.
- Powerful electric motor.
- Easy to change the filters.
- Doesn’t require much room to store.
- The filters need regular washing.
- Does not do well on warm ash.
5. Snow Joe ASHJ201 4.8 Gallon 4 Amp Ash Vacuum – Best Ash Vacuum
Are you are looking for a hot ash vacuum? Get rid of hot ash using the new ASHJ201 4.8-gallon model, which comes with a small 500W electric motor. To ensure clean job is done, this ash vac uses special types of filters called pre-filter pleat. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
The commercial ash vacuum is designed to help you remove and clean all the warm and hot ash from your house. While carrying out this important job, the machine does so quietly with its 4Amp powerful motor.
ASHJ201 4.8 Gallon 4 Amp Ash Vacuum is ideal for fireplaces, firepits, pellet stoves, wood stoves, and BBQ grills. Operating the machine is also simple and fast. You do not have to remove the filters every time but whenever necessary, you can remove them easily and clean them before you replace the filters.
The pellet stove vacuum has an extra-large canister that is made of metal. The canister has the ability to carry up to 4.8 gallons of ash and other finer dusts that may be a menace in the house thus making it one of the best hot ash vacuum cleaners in the market.
- 8-gallon canister.
- HEPA filters.
- 4Amp electric motor with a maximum of 500W.
- Easy to clean.
- Great pricing.
- No flying dust gets out of the canister.
- Power efficient.
- Double filtration.
- Poor suction power.
- Catches heat fast.
- Clogs up fast.
6. PowerSmith PAVC102 All-In-One Ash and Shop Vacuum/Blower
The vacuum cleaner is able to remove all cold and warm ash from pellet stoves, BBQ grills, wood stoves, as well as fireplaces. It is equipped with a 10Amp power motor, which at its highest releases just 79 dB. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
To help it do its work fast, PowerSmith has 2 filters. Besides, the vacuum cleaner is equipped with a variety of additional accessories including brush nozzle, crevice tool, and a 10-ft metallic hose.
A 16-ft power cord also makes it possible for you to clean all dirty surfaces that harbor ash and soot, without forcing to relocate or even change position of the power source.
The metal canister and the metallic hose are heat resistant to enable you carry out your duties without stopping. In addition, with heat-resistant canister, you are sure to carry as hot ash as possible without the fear that the cabinet will burn.
With a 4-gallon carrying capacity, you are certain that no matter how much ash there would be in the home, you will empty it out without necessarily stopping to empty and to restart cleaning the room again.
You have the liberty to wash the filters in clean water and replacing them once they are dry.
In addition, you can connect the metallic hose to the outlet, which will turn this pellet stove vacuum into a blower.
- 4-gallon dirty capacity.
- 2 filters.
- 10-ft metallic hose.
- 10Amp motor.
- Deep cleaning kit.
- 79 dB noise level.
- 8 lbs.
- You can wash, dry, and replace back filters.
- Works as an ash vacuum cum blower.
- Powerful motor.
- Doesn’t lose suction.
- Canister does not catch heat fast.
- The vacuum’s body does not rust.
- Full indicator is helpful.
- Large capacity that saves you time to empty the canister.
7. Vacmaster (EATC608S) Ash Vacuum- Best Hot Ash Vacuum Cleaner
Of all the ash vacuum reviews I have done, I haven’t seen one that comes closer to Vacmaster EATC608S in terms of canister capacity. This soot vacuum is one of the best ash vacuums in town because it gives you the freedom to work to completion; you don’t need to stop along the way. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
Although the vacuum cleaner has an 8Amp electric motor, which may seem a small motor to many people, the machine’s suction power is unmatched. The power motor delivers up to 960 watts, making it one of the best ash vacuums in the market.
For easy portability, Vacmaster ash vacuum is equipped with a carry handle. Thanks to the comfy handle, you are able to move the vacuum cleaner from one end to the other. Additionally, this black ash vacuum cleaner comes with casters that are mounted on its wheelbase.
You will definitely enjoy using the ash vacuum especially when you need to move the machine from one cleaning area to the other.
The ash vac features a LED light. The powerful lighting enables you to work in the dark.
For complete organization, the hot ash vacuum is equipped with onboard storage space, where you can wind your hose and store it safely.
- Casters at the wheelbase.
- Powerful LED lamp.
- Onboard storage space.
- 8 Amp motor.
- Crevice tool.
- 6-gallon canister.
- 4-ft aluminum hose.
- 12-ft electric cord.
- 3 lbs.
- Converts easily to a blower.
- Easy to maneuver.
- No stress in storing electric cord and aluminum hose.
- Powerful machine yet does not consume a lot of electricity.
- Small rubber casket.
- Suction isn’t as strong.
- The power cord and the aluminum hose are shorter.
Why You Should Use Ash Vac
Many people use wood pellets or firewood to warm their houses. As such, ash remains in their fireplaces. After warming the house, you need to clean the fireplace and the entire house so that soot, ash, and any other wood residue do not engulf your house.
When ash is properly removed from your fireplace, wood burns well. Besides, you can reduce the smell of smell of burnt wood fibers and smoke significantly.
Why is it not good to use a regular vacuum cleaner? Some ask what if I sweep the ash away manually? While those are legitimate questions, it is important to know why it’d be better to use an ash vacuum. Here are the few reasons why you should use an ash vacuum:
- Reduces fire incidents in the house.
- Ash vacuums are safe to use thanks to the metal canister, metallic hose and many have wheeled bases.
- Absolutely affordable compared to regular vacuum cleaners.
- Specifically built to collect and trap ash and other fine dusts.
- The best ash vacuum will last longer thanks to robust bodywork compared to regular vacuum cleaners, some of which come with plastic bodies.
How To Clean Ash From Fireplace
Maintaining cleanliness at your fireplace starts with the use of the right wood. For instance, if you use green wood, you are bound to smoke your house. Dry and seasoned wood burns faster and does not smell. Besides, it does not smoke when compared with green wood.
Leave ash from green wood are so hard to clean.
Now that you know what kind of wood you need, how do you clean your fireplace? Follow these six simple steps when you want to clean ash from your fireplace:
- Don’t be quick, wait for at least twelve hours before you start to clean the ash from the fireplace. When you do so, the ash would have collected, is cold, and does not emit as much fume as when it is hot.
- Inspect the ash to ascertain whether the pile has live embers. If there are, extinguish them.
- Using a metal shovel, scoop the ash and place it into the metal bucket. When done with the scooping and possibly dumping the ash place the metal bucket at its place but ensure no combustible materials around.
- Using the best ash vacuum, ensure you remove the remaining ash.
- Use warm or hot soapy water to clean the inside of your firebox. A sponge would be ideal but if there are gritty areas in your firebox, you can use a scrub brush.
- Rinse all the areas you have cleaned using clean water and let the surfaces to dry before you use the fireplace again.
What to Consider When Buying an Ash Vacuum Cleaner
Before you spend a penny on any ash vacuum, you might want to look around for the ideal specs. For instance, it is reasonable that if you live in a cold place, you need to invest in warmer cloths such as woolen socks, gloves, heavy jackets and such like.
It is the case with when you want to by the best ash vacuum. You need to know the important specs. Here are a few yet important things you must put in mind when you are in the verge of getting yourself a commercial ash vacuum or an ash vacuum for homeuse:
- Resistant To Heat and Made With A Metal Material
What comes to mind when you are looking for an ash vacuum? The fact is you are looking for a vacuum cleaner that will help you get rid of the ash from your fireplace. If so, you must know that at times, you may need to remove cold, warm, or even hot ash.
Having a vacuum cleaner made from a metal material that is resistant to heat is key because neither of the two will be affected by hot ash.
- Long Power Cord
A long power cord ensures you work without stopping a mid your duties. If the ash vacuum comes with a shorter power cord, chances are you will be forced to stop amid the job to look for a power socket.
However, if the power cable is long enough, you can fix the machine in one room and work from another.
- Metal Hose and Metal Canister
Can you imagine how it would be if you could use a plastic hose to collect, hot ash and eventually store it in a plastic canister? Disastrous! The best ash vacuum should have, among other important things, metal canister that carries the hot or warm ash, and a metal hose that brings in the hot ash.
- Aluminum Crevice Tool
Why should ash vacuums have aluminum crevice tools? One of the reasons why your ash vacuum needs an aluminum crevice tool is because of low conductivity of aluminum. Unlike copper and other related materials, aluminum is a poor conductor thus you are sure nothing will go wrong.
Besides, aluminum does not catch rust easily.
- Wheeled Base Casters
It is reasonable to believe that a wheeled vacuum would give you easy time to move around whenever need arises as opposed to a non-wheeled vacuum. Interestingly, many ash vacuum cleaners on my list have wheeled bases, something that makes them worth your penny.
How are you going to lift even carry a vacuum cleaner that does not have wheels and weighs some 14 or so pounds? It’d be hard.
- Full Capacity Indicator
Another important facto to remember is the full capacity indicator. Although not many ash vacuums have this feature, it is one of the determinants. You don’t need to speculate that your vacuum cleaner’s canister is filled to capacity.
With an indicator, you are able to know it is time to empty and continue with the work.
- Good Filter System
Which is a good filtration system? Without castigation, a good filtration system is the one that works for you. Nonetheless, a good vacuum cleaner should have an internal filtration system that allows work to go on as you continue to collect the ash from pellet stoves, BBQ grills, fireplaces, and any other sources.
Wash, dry, and replace filters are the most common among many ash vacuum cleaners and there is no doubt the most cost-efficient.
Besides, a good filter should be easy to clean and maintain. Although you can buy a good ash vacuum, you may not have the time and luxury of buying filters every time.
While a regular vacuum cleaner can do the job, using the best ash vacuum can save you a lot of agony. Finding the ideal ash vacuum should not be hard. From this list, I am sure you can find yourself a commercial ash vacuum you’ve ever dreamt of. Once you find it, ensure you clean your fireplace regularly to enjoy the warmth and cleanliness that comes with using dry and seasoned wood as well as the best ash vacuum to clean up the fireplace thereafter.